Friday, August 1, 2008

Funny Old Photos, Part 3, The Cherry Years

Cherry, or Cheryl, pronounced with a "Ch" as in church, not a "Sh" as in sheet, is four years and 2 months older than I am. I think, um, yeah, pretty sure. She is the one that always went her own way and did her own thing, and got into trouble. Not bad trouble. Let's just say she marched to the beat of her own drummer.

When Cherry was young, she spent a lot of time in the Shriner's Hospital in Canada so they could try to fix her hips. Back then, they had no clue and she ended up worse than when she started. She's since had both replaced and is now overdue to have the first one done again.

In a cast from her waist to her toes.

Cherry has four grown kids and six grandkids. Judy is her oldest (see above in the photo of the four of us girls with Judy) and is the mother to Zachary, Morgan, Noah, and Kai. Next is Matthew, who has a little boy, Cody. Then is Autumn who's mom to Zander. And Cherry's youngest is Brian.


I think she's holding our cat, Midnight in this one


A school photo



At a hospital picnic where my mom worked. Look at that funky outfit!

Holding one of her grandkids right after they were born. I can't tell which one though!



This was taken just a few years ago on a letterboxing excursion. It's one of the last photos of my darling Daisy Mae who passed away just 2 or 3 weeks later. She sure looks happy in this photo though.


Cherry is my traveling companion. Any time I have to go any place out of town, I just call her and she never hesitates to say yes. She's been with me to a Canine-L gathering in CT that took us over 5 hours to drive each way in 100 degree weather. She's been to NH with me twice to pick up puppies that I adopted. We've driven up to Montreal to see the Body Worlds exhibit http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html, which is fantastic if you ever have a chance to go. We also met up with a Canine-L friend and had a wonderful visit. We also spent a weekend at an animal communication seminar last year. In September, we are signed up for a scrapbooking retreat at the Mountain Meadows Lodge in Killington http://www.mountainmeadowslodge.com/. It's going to be so much fun! She's always up for an adventure as long as it doesn't involve a lot of walking, and we always have a great time together.

Lastly will be my youngest sister, Melissa, who is not thrilled about being on my blog, so I promised her I wouldn't put much on about her. I don't want to leave her out though, so stay tuned....

No comments: