Thursday, July 10, 2008

Caring Friends and Sweet Flowers

I have a wonderful email friend in Australia who is one of the most thoughtful, caring people I know. Not only does she send me surprise packages now and then but she also emails me and inquires about mine and my family's life in general. She sincerely cares.

Yesterday, a package arrived from Heather for my mom who is dealing with a terminal illness. She was shocked when I handed the package to her to open. There were many special little trinkets, but her all time favorite was a beautiful knitted scarf that can be worn on the head as a kerchief of sorts, or around the neck. She tried it on both ways so I took a few pictures of her to send to Heather.



Heather, thank you again, from both me and my mom. You are a very special person and I'm fortunate to have you in my life. My wish is for us to meet face to face one day....

And now, for the flower portion....If you recall a month or so ago, I posted about my memorial garden. Well, the daisies that my vet gave me last year in memory of my sweet Daisy Mae, have finally started opening up. They are beautiful! I've always loved daisies, and these are very special not only because of where they came from but because of what they stand for.



Lastly, the miniature roses that I planted in memory of my darling Olivia Rose are also blooming.



1 comment:

Angela said...

Hi Penny!

Everything looks great, including your Mom! I hope she is feeling as well as possible.

Love and hugs!