Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Melissa's Fur Kids

My sister Melissa is in Boston, 220 miles away, healing from bilateral hip replacements for congenital high dislocated hips. They were very complicated surgeries, much more so than a regular hip replacement, so she will be there for another week or so. In the meantime, here at home she has many pets that are missing her something awful. I thought I'd share some of them with you.

First there's Lindsey. She and her brother Howie are Manx. She is tiny and reminds me of a little fawn. She is very attached to Melissa, but is doing surprisingly well with her gone.


Here's her brother Howie, a silver tabby Manx, with Gracie, one of the skittish gray kitties.
Here are some of the boys. The black one is Guido, the gray one up in the back is Stormy Sky, and then there's Howie again, and Grace in the front.

Another of sweet Guido, who suffers from hyperthyroidism and kidney failure. Not a good combination :(

Here's sweet old Maggie Lou, beagle girl. She's missing her mommy terribly.


And lastly is Gabby Blue, a Siberian husky. She's a crazy nut!

I'm missing a couple. Lucky, Storm's brother, and Hunter, the newest member of the family. She was hit by a car and Melissa found her and rushed her to the vet. No one claimed her, so she lives here now. She's a long haired black kitty missing part of one ear to frostbite and a tail like an enormous feather duster. I'll share their pictures as soon as I get some on my digital camera.

No comments: