Thursday, October 9, 2008

Daisy Mae April 25, 1992 - October 9, 2004

Four years ago today, I lost my heart-dog, Daisy Mae. She was a Brittany mix that entered my life at the age of six weeks, and left me at the age of 12 and a half. She was the first puppy I'd ever raised and she taught me a ton.


Daisy loved to go for rides in the car, go for walks, and catch a frisbee in her younger days. She loved every living thing she ever met and knew no enemies. She was frightened of children, but would never harm one. She just chose to remove herself from the situation, or look at me with pleading eyes to remove the child, please.



At the Colchester Causeway. Her favorite place on earth, where I've place a letterbox in her memory.

I can't really put to words all that Dais meant to me, so I won't even try. I'll just share with you some of my favorite pictures and tell you that she was everything to me. My friend, my companion, my confidant, my heart and my soul....




Daisy slept with her bunny every night and gave it a bath every morning

Until we meet again, my sweet girl. I love you so....

Taken only six weeks before going to the Rainbow Bridge

2 comments:

Reillybug said...

What a lovely tribute. It brought tears to my eyes. She was such a special dog.

Knatolee said...

She sure was a beautiful girl!