Sunday, March 29, 2009

Goodbye Little One

My darling little Poppy passed away on Wednesday, March 25th. She seemed fine on Sunday afternoon when I cleaned their cage, and she ate some baby food and peas Sunday night, but on Monday morning she had collapsed and she never recovered. I will miss her sweet little face and her adorable antics. She was a bar-chewer, so it has been quite quiet here in the evenings without her grinding away on the metal bars. I only wish that in the time she was here she had learned to trust me enough to be able to let me hold her and especially to console her in her final hours.
Thank you for giving me the chance to get to know you, Poppy. I sure miss you, my little sweetheart. I will take good care of your sister, Lulu, until you are together once again.

4 comments:

Crowzma said...

Penny - Duncan and I are very sad. These little guys just don't live long enough

Janyne Kizer said...

What a loving tribute. Thank you for sharing it.

Reillybug said...

I'm sorry Penny, our time with them is always too short.

Knatolee said...

She was an adorable little ratty girl and you gave her a wonderful home. I'm sorry, Penny. :((